Friday, May 14, 2004

Mr. Berg is lucky his wife doesn't work for the CIA

Nick Berg's father blamed Bush and Rumsfeld for the death of his son at the hands of Islamic militants. I thought he was being a bit dramatic, until I read this. Now I am not sure that a little drama is not understandable. You be the judge.

"Berg's body arrived Wednesday at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware. His parents had requested permission to be at the base when the coffin arrived, but that request was denied. Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pennsylvania, said Thursday that refusal came from the Department of Defense."

(Both links via Drudge.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, you are right. As a father I instinctively know this. I didn't mean to suggest that he didn't have the "right" in any case. What I was trying to say was that, in light of being declined access to Dover, it might actually not have been dramatic at all.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home