Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Veep debate: gotcha

The debate seems, skill and substance-wise, pretty balanced, but what a brilliant rejoinder by Edwards when Cheney attacked his Senate record:

Edwards discussing Cheney's record in Congress, via Kos:

"He voted against Head Start.

"He voted against banning plastic weapons that can pass through medical detectors.

"He voted against 'Meals on Wheels' for Seniors.

"He voted against a holiday for Martin Luther King.

"He voted against a resolution calling for the release of Nelson Mandela."

Cheney couldn't respond, and didn't even try.

2 Comments:

Blogger -Me said...

I personally felt that when Cheney couldn't respond to Edwards comments, that he seemingly admitted them and essentially was saying, "I can't defend myself from that." However, my (conservative) friend felt it was smart b/c he was saying, "he hasn't said anything worth responding to, and I already addressed all those issues in my initial comment"

1:37 PM  
Blogger Maxwell said...

I think your friend was right.

As much as it delighted me to hear Edwards recount Cheney's abysmal record on apartheid, among other things, not responding to it was the smartest thing for Cheney to do. The same issues were raised in 2000, and they never seem to stick to the guy, probably because he categorically refuses to discuss them in any way.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home