Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Heartbreaking

I have posted in the past about certain missing persons who I feel have gotten short shrift from the media, owing to their not being pretty white girls.

I have been getting search engine hits like:

missing little girl from Milwaukee, Wisc., Alexis Patterson

and

where is my son amos mortier

Ouch. I can't imagine what it must be like to be in the shoes of Amos' mom or Alexis' parents. If one of my kids went missing, I would burn down the world to get him or her back, and I can imagine few torments worse than waiting for months (or even years) while resorting to searching for my child on yahoo or google.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that I appreciate every little bit the names of our missing people are spread! I run Wisconsin Advocates for Families of Missing People, Inc. We specialize in missing and unidentified adults. I can tell you that one of the biggest challenges we (and the family) face is the continuance of the story in the public's eye. We NEED help from everyone to NOT forget about these missing people and their families. I can also tell you that Amos Mortier's mother is one of the STRONGEST women I have ever known. She has been the driving force behind the search for her son.

Again I thank you, and if anyone should want more information on our organization or missing or unidentified adult's in Wisconsin, please visit our website at www.wafmp.org

Tanya Dolske

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home