Friday, December 17, 2004

The Other Matt made me do it

I ordinarily disdain these quizzes, but how am I to resist the entreaty of the charming and intelligent Matt? So, one time exception.

Three Names You Go By: Matt, Matthew, Butt (my niece can't say "Matt").

Three Screennames You Have: mpwhite, mpaulwhite, inthehousealone (it's a pun, not a pickup line).

Three Things You Like About Yourself: Loyalty, Empathy, and my Metabolism, which hasn't failed me yet.

Three Things You Dislike About Yourself: I'm shy, I procrastinate, and I'll think up a third answer later.

Three Parts of Your Heritage: German, Norwegian, English

Three Things That Scare You: Failure, Being in a social situation without backup, and carnies.

Three of Your Everyday Essentials: Coffee, Food, and Intellectual Stimulation

Three Things You Are Wearing Right Now:
Shirt, Pants. Three things? My heart on my sleeve?

Three of Your Favorite Bands/Artists (at the moment): Counting Crows, The Cure, REM

Three of Your Favorite Songs at Present: Debussy, Dialogue du vent et de la mer; The Cure, Love Song; Belle and Sebastian, Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying.

Three New Things You Want to Try in the Next 12 Months: I'd like to exercise more, to read a book for pleasure, and to sleep.

Three Things You Want in a Relationship (love is a given): Loyalty, compassion, and a respect for who I am, rather than who I could be.

Two Truths and a Lie: (in no particular order)
I speak Spanish better when I've had at least two beers, I failed out of school as an undergraduate, and I have an encyclopedic memory when it comes to classifying various forms of fungus that grow on the human body. Was that too obvious?

Three Physical Things About the Opposite Sex (or same) That Appeal to You: Intelligence, sophistication, and an easy smile.

Three Things You Just Can’t Do: Vote Republican, quit drinking coffee, and play guitar.

Three of Your Favorite Hobbies: Poetry, football, politics.

Three Things You Want to do Really Badly Right Now:
Be done with school for a couple weeks, take a nap, and eat something really tasty. I'd say sex, but I never want to do sex really badly.

Three Careers You’re Considering: Lawyer. You think I have three options in mind halfway through law school? Ok, maybe a writer or a swimming-pool cleaner.

Three Places You Want to Go on Vacation: Pacific Northwest, England, or Europe

Three Kids’ Names: I named my three kids Frost (after the poet), Hale (after my grandfather), and then Winter (inevitable after the first two).

Three Things You Want to Do Before You Die: Get laser surgery on my eyes, write a novel, be a judge or a lawprof.

Three People You Want to Take this Quiz: Jennifer, Ryan, and Stephanie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

I'm not a huge fan of these quizzes, either. Thanks for doing it, anyway!

You're an interesting person, and it's good to learn more about you.

Take care.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home