Tuesday, December 14, 2004

An UberDork's confession

I believe that God put George R.R. Martin on the Earth so that geeks like me would stop being mad about how long it takes Robert Jordan to write a book.

It's been taking Jordan about two years a book for the last few books in Wheel of Time, which, combined with the ballooning number of characters and subplots, makes me worry that the ending of the series may die with him.

Martin, in a spectacular show of one-upmanship, released the first three books of his Song of Ice and Fire in 1997, 1999, and 2000.

The fourth book, A Feast For Crows? Coming to bookstores near you in the summer of 2005. You have to have a lot of faith in yourself to leave your fans hanging on a series for almost five years between books. I doubt this next book is the last one in the series, either, leaving me to contemplate the possibility that I might not finish a series that I began at 21 by the time I am 40.

P.S. are they actually the same guy? You be the judge.


Are they the same guy? Posted by Hello


I think maybe they are! Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Blogger Blog ho said...

In Jordan's defense, it takes a long time to copy your last 2000 page plot and tweak it ever so much by increasing the power scale and get it back out there to the fans ;)

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home