Friday, December 17, 2004

Useless trivia that fascinate me

I recognized a voice today while listening to "Do You See" by Warren G. I'm talking about the voice at the beginning of the track that says

The Blues has always been totally American.
As American as apple pie,
As American as The Blues,
As American as apple pie,
The question is why.
Why should The Blues be so at home here?
Well, America provided the atmosphere.


If you search for these words on Google, you will only get Warren G lyrics. I hope this post will eventually remedy that.

The original lyrics came from Gil Scott-Heron's "The Bicentennial Blues." Gil Scott-Heron is probably most famous for his "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised." I got interested in his music when I heard "Work for Peace" on WORT, a Madison community radio station.

UPDATE: The post was originally titled "useless trivia that fascinates me." I realized that "trivia" is plural, like data. Is the singular "trivium?"

UPDATE 2: Yup! I admit to being a bit of a logophile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home