Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Health Care in America

Matt responded to my post about the Spectator article on Health Care comparisons between Britain and America here.

He notes that I

was responding to a specific article in the The Spectator, so perhaps he felt bound to strictly address its comparative analysis

Yes, I was diputing what the Spectator article was trying to assert, that America's health care is superior to England because of the model. My point was that it's not the model, it's the money! He continues,

It's curious that The Spectator chose Britain's system as a model

Not really. The Spectator is an English magazine, but I agree with Matt that the writer's desire to blame the model instead of the funding level indicates a free-market conservative perspective on health care.

For my part, I have written extensively about health care in the past, particularly on the virtues of a state system similar to Canada's.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Hopefully you understood that I was complimenting your original post?

I know you write a lot about many great subjects, and your blog is always well-written and worth the read.

Take care.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Maxwell said...

Aw no, mister! You don't get off the hook that easily. I'm not a health care Matty-come-lately, you know.

This means war, I wish to inform you in the most Bugs-Bunnyesque way possible.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home