Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Poll: I suck!

Okay, there's no such poll. Sorry I haven't been around.

The last 6 days in a nutshell:

Friday: topic survey due. done on time!

Saturday: work on cite check for Monday. Meanwhile, my 3 year old son gets sick, throwing up all over the house and generally denying us any sleep.

Sunday: work on homework for Mon-Tuesday. 3 year old still sick, plus 1 year old gets sick. Sleep, wha?

Monday: go to class, finish last few bluebooking details. Realize at about 1:30 pm that I am fighting a high fever. Get cite check in, go home, crash on couch.

Tuesday: Brief due for equal employment law. Sick as hell. All three kids puking. Wife puking. Fortunately, brief is almost done because of pretty good first draft. Make minor organizational changes, e-mail to professor. Sleep most of day. Tuesday night? I'm scheduled to be trained as a poll monitor, a training that I can't make up if I miss it. So I go there, sick as a dog, struggling to stay focused. Halfway through training, getting a drink of water, who should be there? My Equal Employment law professor, who earlier received e-mail that I was too sick to come to class. Now I feel like a douchebag.

Wednesday: Wake up early to go to class. Realize that I still have a fever and a pounding headache. Go back to bed.

This afternoon, I finally started to feel like myself again, but I had three full class days of homework to catch up, so that's what I did for 10 hours straight.

Forgive me, faithful six blog readers, for not posting during this time. I am a lazy bastard.

3 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

I hope you feel better soon...

9:50 PM  
Blogger Maxwell said...

Thanks, Jen, for your concern. I think I am pretty much fine, now. Tomorrow will tell.

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent use of the word "douchebag"
I hope you're not puking too, and I hope you have more than 1 bathroom
- B

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home