Friday, October 08, 2004

Sad from the Student Newspaper

The Daily Cardinal printed this ad in the Classifieds section today:

Good Bye UW-Madison
I am going to War in Iraq. I will miss you so much. Please don't forget me because I will never forget you. I will dream of Madison and pray that one day I might return. Please help bring peace to the World and bring me home by voting against the right wing. I love you all.
ON WISCONSIN!!!
-Keith


The thought of leaving Madison to go fight a war in the desert is heartbreaking, particularly since it seems so unnecessary.

Keith, whoever you are, be safe and come back home to us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey Pelika said...

I was just checking out other blogs from folks in Madison and came across this post. I read that ad in the Cardinal as well (while I was waiting at Park and Johnson for the bus) - right after I read an article on the front page of the Cap Times about a woman with cancer who had struggled to stay alive so she could vote for Kerry. It was a sad day at the bus stop.

7:30 PM  
Blogger -Me said...

That is truly sad. God speed to Keith -- and all the other soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home