Saturday, January 15, 2005

Back to the Grind

Welcome back, everyone. I apologize for my absence, but I was experiencing severe life burnout, and so I took 5 days and basically slept and did family things, despite all my ambitious goals for the time off. Since I am now starting my reading for my CivPro II class, however, the break is over.

CivPro II, or Civil Procedure II for you non-law people seems, based on a very preliminary reading of the first assignment, a lot like CivPro I: important and interesting abstractly speaking, but eye-glazingly hard to read. It requires concentration to read page after page filled with gems like, "It would be wholly unnecessary and improper in order to prove complainant's cause of action to go into any matters of defence which the defendants might possibly set up and then attempt to reply to such defence, and thus, if possible, to show that a Federal question might or probably would arise in the course of the trial of the case." In reality, rules like this determine whether your case gets dismissed, so there is strong motivation to know the stuff. One just has to slog through it and chock it up to part of being a law student, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home