Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Shouting at Winter

My one-year old daughter just wanted to sit on my lap, to talk to me, and to play with me for a little while before she went to bed. It was around 9:00. It's Tuesday, which means I have been doing nothing but school for 13 hours. I just wanted her to go to sleep, so that I could do my 3+ hours of homework for early tomorrow morning and still get some sleep myself.

I yelled at her. I feel like a bad father.

You should only shout at a one year old if they are doing something dangerous. One year olds never do anything because they're naughty. They don't yet understand that whole good/bad thing. Winter just wanted her daddy to hold her, but I was too busy, and I made her cry.

I wanted to be the guy who protects her from guys that make her cry. Guess I screwed that up, at least for tonight.

3 Comments:

Blogger -Me said...

Aww...

Stress happens. The other best thing abot 1 year olds is that they don't hold it against you. They love you unconditionally anyway. I bet if she sits on your lap tonight, she won't even remember yesterday.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

I think you're overall demeanor with your kids is what matters most. You sound like a level-headed, warm, caring father to your children, who loves them more than life itself, so I'm sure that is what's conveyed 95% of the time. Occasions when a temper is lost are always regrettable, but if they're few and far between, then it'll be ok.

You're a good guy who's too hard on himself. Cheer up!

12:49 PM  
Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Matt, you had a typo in that last post (wanted to be) is spelled (am) I forgive you.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home