Saturday, March 05, 2005

Bainbridge on Clinton

Professor Bainbridge speculates on Hilary `08.

One Clinton scandal that was never properly ventilated was his eleventh hour (and fifty nine minute) pardon spree, especially the highly controversial pardon of fugitive financier Marc Rich. (Remember that?) Yes, there were some investigations. But nobody seemed to have the heart in it, not even bulldogs like Dan Burton. Everybody rather quickly decided to sort of ignore it, presumably on the theory that the Presidential pardon power is more or less plenary and out of a sense of relief that we were finally rid of the Clintons. A Presidential run by Hillary, however, would invite a proper investigation of that scandalous affair, as it well-illustrates the abuses to which the Clintons have routinely put their power in both DC and Arkansas. (emphasis added).

What some consider to be an abusive use of the plenary powers of the President by Bill Clinton is an illustration of the abusive way that Hilary would use her power? I'm not sure that follows.

I've been known to sprinkle when I tinkle, but I'm not certain that relates to my wife's bathroom habits in any way. I suppose you could be the sort that sees some urine behind my toilet and assumes my wife was the one aiming (she's not).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home