Sunday, March 06, 2005

Prognosis: Frost

After making a full* recovery from pneumonia this week, my 8-year old Frost had a fever all night. This morning, my wife took her to Urgent Care.

Prognosis? Fever was 104.7, accelerated heart rate, and her lungs have filled up much more. She's out of school for at least 10 days, with a full course of antibiotics and whatever home remedies we can devise to make her comfortable. If she gets any worse, we're looking at hospitalization.

What's worse is that I still have a very bronchitis-like cough and pain in my lungs. Considering my asthma, that's a matter of some concern. I can't afford to miss the better part of another week of school. If I get sicker, too, my wife will probably have to burn the rest of her sick and personal time for the year, and it's only March.

*Or so we thought.

3 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

I am sorry to hear this...

Get rest. Your family will be in my thoughts...

1:12 PM  
Blogger -Me said...

Oh my! 104.7? That's awful. I hope that you are all slowly getting better. Your poor daughter though. 10 days off school. And hospitaliation? My sister has bronchitis (sp) as well. Take care of that so it doesn't turn to pneumonia!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

I'm so very sorry, Matthew.

Hope things work out for you and your family.

Take care.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home