Monday, April 04, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

I was just watching a rerun of the West Wing episode "Posse Comitatus." West Wing fans will recognize the episode as the one where C.J.'s body guard Simon Donovan is killed when he walks in on an armed robbery. I love this episode.

So maybe that's why every time I watch it, I watch the scene in the Korean grocery with the hope that somehow it will turn out differently this time. Maybe Simon will notice the other guy coming out of the back, or maybe he will ask the first suspect a question that will give it away, or maybe he will just be faster on the draw...

It's irrational, I know. Do you ever do that?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I've seen that episode a few times, and I do the same thing. I bought the Jeff Buckley CD that has the song on it that plays at the end of that episode. I finally figured out who sang it when I heard it in a Starbucks. What a great song.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Maxwell said...

Heck yeah!

I love that song. I wrote a post about it back in December:

http://objectpermanence.blogspot.com/2004/12/blowing-off-steam-music.html

It's a remake of an old Leonard Cohen song.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

"Do you ever do that?"

Um, not about a TV show.

btw, I hope your family is doing well. Sorry to hear about all the health problems.

Hang in there.

12:25 PM  
Blogger -Me said...

I do that as welll (and thought I was the only one). But then there are movies and tv shows that end just right, and I'm surprised that the ending is still as perfect every time. Like Field of Dreams.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home