Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Marijuana

Mary Jane, Reefer, Ganja. Should it be legalized, or at least decriminalized? Beats the hell out of me. Never tried it, and at my age I probably never will.

Still, I laughed out loud when I was reading one of the free local arts papers in Madison. They have a sort of "person on the street" feature each week, where they ask a question of various people on State Street and then print their brief answer along with a picture. This week, they asked if Marijuana should be legalized. Most of the answers were pretty standard, but then I got to this:

Lindsey Watson, 20
"No, because as a Christian I don't believe in drugs."

I hope that the paper misquoted her by leaving out a vital word, such as "using." I assure you, Lindsey, drugs exist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home