Thursday, December 30, 2004

Blowing off steam: music

I was listening to some Leonard Cohen, when I heard a familiar tune called Hallelujah, from 1984's Various Positions.

At first, I couldn't place the tune, but then I recognized that I had first heard it on the West Wing, right after Simon gets shot in the convenience store robbery. The version I had heard was Jeff Buckley's ethereal 1994 remake, off Grace. Grace also had Buckley classics "Last Goodbye" and "Lover, You Should've Come Over" (which was remade, in turn, by Jamie Cullum).

So now I am (via Real Rhapsody) enjoying a Jeff Buckley-fest. Good thing, too. My mother just stopped me from doing the other thing I do when stressed, which is to shave my head.

She pointed out that I would need a good hat, first. Thanks, mom.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maxwell said...

I reserve hair shaving for truly high stress. Usually it happens because I am running my hands through my hair in panicked despair, over and over again, when I think "I could be more efficient if I didn't have this hair to distract me."

Of course, I always forget that a newly-bald pate is just as much of a distraction as hair.

9:01 AM  
Blogger -Me said...

Practically speaking, it's too cold to have a shaved head...

11:15 AM  
Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

But, very sexy...or so think some of us ; )

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home