Friday, January 28, 2005

"Next Blog" Greatest Hits

Look at this one, found using the "Next Blog" button:

The days of collective activism and quasi-togetherness, the ability to project a unified, conscious voice in the Christian and African American communities, are long gone. With God as my father, who art in Heaven, I can rest in confidence that every single, solitary event that occurs in my life will work out for my ultimate good (Romans 8:28). However, I cannot become complacent and stagnant with my shortcomings and inconsistencies, nor the community’s.

Jesus Christ is omnipotent enough to have already planned for our humanly dispositions of conflict and struggle. Famous jazz vocalist, Lena Horne once said, “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” Carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders is tiresome and confusing, yet necessary. Through faith and hard work, I am committed to changing our world for the better. I’ll take humility and honesty over political pomp and circumstance any day.


Is that enough as in often enough? Jesus is often omnipotent? "He's omnipotent enough that he gets most of his pizzas for free, but on Tuesdays his omnipotence goes on the blink and he has to write a check." Or is it enough as in a degree of omnipotence? You know, "Jesus Christ is omnipotent enough, since he got his Ph.D. in divinity. On the other hand, as omnipotence goes, I'm not all powerful enough."?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home