Thursday, January 20, 2005

Jury Duty

A murder defendant named Mark Wu killed himself in jail last weekend. It's been big news around here.

A week ago Friday, I called in to check my jury pool number. I wasn't being called in this week, but about 450 people were. After I read about the suicide in the Sunday paper, I called back. They had revised their request and only called in 135 people. So now Monday, the second and final week of my jury obligation, my pool number (821) is high enough that I won't get called in.

Looks like no jury duty for me this time around. I really would like to serve, too, since I think it would be a valuable perspective down the line.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maxwell said...

Well, most jury trials only go for one or two days. I would have begged off any longer jury duty than that, and I tend to think they would accommodate a student.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home