Monday, April 25, 2005

Exam Time Insanity (Probably Just Part 1)

I get a little cuckoo when the pressure gets on. Here's a recounting of a conversation that just took place.

Sister In Law: All right, peace out people!

Me, to wife: No, peace in.

Wife: What?

Me: Everyone is always trying to put peace out. I don't know if you've heard, but they're talking about hunting feral cats around here. I'm just saying, let's let peace come in, give it a saucer of milk...

Wife: (goggling)

Me: ...clean its litterbox.

In a related note (at least, it's related if you're as far gone as I am), a bird has again taken up residence in our garage. Only this year, it's a demon nazi bird, refusing to leave the garage until we appease it by letting it feast on the liver of one our children. Yelling, waving things, honking the horn, even closing the garage door: it will not leave. I want Sharon to call the landlord to get the bird out, maybe with a broom or the 101st Airborne. She has so far refused, insisting that I can deal with it.

There's only one thing left to do: I will slake the bird's infernal hunger with one of my nieces. Sorry, Harmony. If there were any other way to protect your cousins and get that bird out of my garage, I would do it.

4 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

When are exams over again?

Thinking of you...

And your poor wife and children :)

*kidding*

8:01 PM  
Blogger Maxwell said...

Thanks, Jennifer.

My last exam is two weeks from yesterday (Monday).

Pretty compressed schedule, but it will be good when it is over.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Wow.

Well, I know you can get through it.

Just don't go too nutty in the process! ;-)

Take care.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Maxwell said...

Matt:

"Too" nutty?

And we nuts prefer "eccentric" or "freakish"

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home